DIY Lego Advent Calendar 2016

As in year's past (2014, 2015), I have used the new Lego Holiday set to set up an advent calendar.

I don't like the tiny things that the Lego Advent Calendars come with, so I opt for splitting up the big set into 24 smaller parts to spread out the build over December.



This year I used set 10254: Winter Holiday Train.  I made a tiny paper village out of a DCWV Shimmer Noel Village DIY Project Stack that I got at Michaels.



It took me all day to put together, but I'm sneaking it in the day before Advent. 


I added some wreath and number stickers from the Recollections Holiday stickers (also at Michaels) so the kids know which one to open.  I have put the Legos in Ziplock bags and placed them inside the village. 


The village has only 15 buildings total, so I decided to put the others in the milk boxes I used last year and glued a tree on top.


Bring on December!

No comments