October 2015 Hybrid Layouts

Happy Halloween!  Today I'm documenting last year's Halloween.  This is the last of my Harry Potter pages.  It's been super fun scrapbooking this theme. 

Patterned paper from Reminice's Wizard101 collection.  4x6 template from Paislee Press, and broom clipart from In A Creative Bubble Magic Set.

I typed out the words I wanted using the Magic School font.  I then cut it out with my Silhouette portrait.  It is a bit tricky to cut a 12x12 page on a Silhouette Portrait that has a cutting width of 9".  In hindsight, I should have spent the extra cash for the Cameo.  I wasn't sure how much I'd use it at the time, but I truly love this machine and can't recommend it enough.  You could say it's changed my world :)


Next up is a collage of photos and embellishments documenting Maya's bullseye.  I knew when I saw Maggie Holmes' Open Book collection that I needed it.  I've been hoarding this bullseye, waiting for the day I'd make this page.
I'm mixing paper and embellishments from the extra-versatile Maggie Holmes Confetti and Open Book collections.  Wood veneer stars are from Studio Calico.
Lots of dimension and layers on this page.

No comments