may the forties be with you ★ an adult star wars party | part 2

I blogged about the invitation and decorations here yesterday.  Today I'll show you what I did for our costumes, food, and activities.  Sadly, most of these pictures are not great, because they were all taken after the sun had gone down.

OUR COSTUMES

I am super excited about the new movie Rogue One.  I chose to go as the new character, Jyn Erso.  No one knew who I was.  For shame.

I got the jacket and pants from the boys' section in Target.  I couldn't resist sewing some patches on it that I got from the Disney Store.  I know it isn't totally true to character, but I thought they were cool:)



Dave recycled his Jedi costume from like 20 years ago...still fits :)


Maya was Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian graffiti and explosive artist from Star Wars Rebels.


Ethen couldn't wait to be a gonk droid.  He beeped and bopped around.  He lost the costume contest by one vote to Asajj Ventress, probably because people forgot he was around (by the end of the party he was upstairs playing.)

I zip tied two storage bins together, cut out a hole for a transparent tupperware window, put dryer vents on his legs, and kleenex boxes on his feet.

THE FOOD

We had the kitchen decorated like a Cantina.  We put black lights up to make the drinks glow.  I put tonic water in three large vases, which glowed the best.  Energy drinks are supposed to glow too, but the lights weren't quite powerful enough.



I don't quite know how to photograph under a black light.  I didn't want to put the food out too early before guests arrived, so at the first knock I started arranging it and took a quick snapshot.  These aren't the best pictures, and the food looks less than appetizing, but you get the idea.


I had been making Star Wars ice cubes all week.  Tonic water didn't freeze well at all, it was very slushy because of the bubbles.

I picked up this Death Star mold at ThinkGeek.

These ice cube trays were at Five Below.



The blue Bantha milk was yummy, especially with ice cubes.

For appetizers we had cheeseball I shaped as the Death Star as best I could, and 7-Leia taco dip.


The main dish was Sith Sliders (BBQ pulled pork sandwiches).

For sides we had Bow-ba Fett chicken salad pasta and Vader veggies.



 Maya helped me make mini tie fighters for desserts (marshmallows and Oreo crisps).

Maya also made the Chewy Wookie Cookies (magic cookie bars.)

I bought a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and cut a Star Wars template out to shake cinnamon through.


I also had the bakery make a sheet cake that  I had them put an edible print on.



ACTIVITIES:

I figured adults don't really want to play games.  I thought about trivia, but I knew I'd have an unfair advantage (wink, wink), so I just really set up a few photobooth type areas where people could take selfies.  Few people did.


I put up a graffiti wall, but only the kids were interested that, especially Sabine.


Thanks for coming and making the Forties fun!

My neighbors

The girls

The boys

No comments