Cancun 2014 6x8 Mini Album | part i | Chichen Itza




I finally got started on my mini album from our 2014 trip to Cancun, Mexico.  I'll probably be sharing a few pages per post as I get them complete.

I am using Becky Higgins new blue and white striped 6x8 Project Life album that I picked up at Michaels.  I'm mixing up the papers and stickers I am using, but most are from Pink Paislee's Atlas Collection and Becky Higgins Project Life Jade Edition (which is out of print, but the digital version is available.) 

As I mention in the album, I purchased a new Olympus Tough TG-850 camera to take on this trip because of it's waterproof, sandproof, crushproof, freezeproof qualities.  It has several filter options, which I was experimenting with all through the trip.  I think now that as I look through the photos, I will just shoot with it mostly in manual mode with no filters.  The exceptions would be underwater shots, which I think it does a great job of, and the selfie mode, which makes your skin quite blotch-free and smooth!  Takes 10 years off instantly!  haha

The transparent rainbow letter stickers are from Amy Tangerine.

The 4x6 transparency here is from Heidi Swapp and I found them at Michaels.  The cork sticker is from Pink Paislee's Atlas collection.  The fonts I'm using throughout the album are Baron Neue and Wisdom Script.

Here's a look at the page with the transparency removed.



The "explore" sticker is from Heidi Swapp.  I put all my stickers on top of the page pocket to make them lay flatter.


For the top 4 photos, I split up a panorama picture I took into 4 parts.  The smaller bottom shot is a panorama I also took with my Olympus TG-850.  I think my iPhone does a better job shooting a smooth panorama, but this camera didn't do too bad either.

Coming up:
Part ii of my Cancun travel album including Xcaret.

No comments