Back to School Layouts 2014

I suppose one positive thing about being a year behind in my scrapbooking is that I have all of the papers and photos from the whole school year.

I sort through the huge stack, throw a ton away, and come up with a plan on how to include the rest into their albums.  Since I scrapbook chronologically, this is immensely helpful when putting the books together.



Here's a look at the opening pages in their new albums.  I begin each album with the new school year.  Maya is lucky to have her birthday at the same time, so hers always begins with a new birthday too.  For Ethen, I've decided to begin a new album at the start of school, and scrapbook his birthday half way through.

Here's a look at their first few pages:


All my first title pages are from the Becky Higgins School kit that was sold by Creating Keepsakes eons ago.  I still love them and the uniformity they bring to my albums.  The kit also has 12x12 pockets to hold misc memorabilia, which I always include in the back of the album.



 Cards: Simple Stories; Thickers; Ruler paper: October Afternoon
This layout includes a Project Life 10x12 pocket page, which is why the size looks different.  The only down side to this is that  you have to plan the back page to fit the grid.

Cards and stickers: Simple Stories; Die Cut: my own design
Here again is a look at the Becky Higgins School kit
Stickers, Embellishments: Simple Stories; Thickers; Ruler paper: October Afternoon
Sticker and cards: Simple Stories; Die Cut: my own design

No comments