It's kind of an ongoing theme around here...

Star Wars.  I'll be the first to admit I love it.  I am no trekkie, but I do love my Star Wars.  Ethen has really taken to it -- and when you combine Legos and Star Wars -- well it's like milk and cookies.

He was super excited when I suggested we decorate his room in a Star Wars theme.


I've been dying to try cutting vinyl on my new Silhouette Portrait.   I think it turned out pretty cute, and now he is referring to himself as Jedi Master Ethen. 


I haven't figured out a good way to display these Legos yet.  I think that it would be fun to hang the planets from the ceiling somehow.  But I do want them accessible for play.  For now they are on his bookshelf.


I'll admit that I was giddy when I found these lightsabers on Amazon.  They mount to the wall and can be used as a nightlight.  They come in all different colors or you can buy one that does all the colors in one.  They make the lightsaber sound when you turn them on and off.

Ethen spends more time playing with it than it does on the wall, but I love that I have a place I can put it at bedtime.  The light will turn off after 15 minutes.


Lastly, his bookshelf now has a place for some plush Star Wars characters.  Now he can have sweet dreams while clinging to the Death Star.  What's not to love?


I constantly find him humming the Star Wars theme as he plays.  In this video you can hear the sound effects of the lightsaber and also his song.  I love it when he sings the Darth Vader Theme in the grocery store -- he clears a path for us as his volume increases with every step.


1 comment

Jodi and Skott said...

Love the decor!
How are you liking your silhouette? We have been thinking about getting one to do vinyl stencils.