Sweet Maya's musings...

I try to document life.  Some things are too precious to not share.  

Translation (in case you don't read First Grader):  My friend Lauren came over to my house.  Her mom brought pumpkin pie with frosting on it.  We played for a little while.  I showed them our toys.  We have girl's toys and boy's toys.  When they left I sneaked over to the counter.  I licked it.  It was so good.  I licked it more.



Her art has really been impressing me lately.  I love the attention to detail in this picture -- the frames on the wall.  She even captured what I was wearing that day (she didn't make this picture on the same day, she remembered those details).

Translation:  Yesterday it was my mom's birthday.  It was fun!  I got my mom a volcano.  She liked it.

 I love this!  Her goggles crack me up. 

Translation:  Last night we got our volcano to go kaboom!  with baking soda and vinegar.  It was fun!  We got it to erupt three times.  It was so awesome.  I was wearing my goggles.  It was exploding everywhere!  I was so surprised.  It was my second time making it go kaboom.

She brings home books she's made quite frequently.  This one touched my heart.  When we thought we were going to move to Dubai we explained the whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict to her.  Poor girl.  She knows more about the world now than I did when I graduated high school!

Translation: TITLE: Where I'm going for Christmas break?
Where am I going for Christmas break?  Am I going to New York?  No.
Am I going to Dubai?  No.
Am I going to Utah?  Yes.

I am loving this age.  Maya, you are such a sweet girl.


1 comment

Cath said...

Love every word. Love her quick, beautiful mind. SO glad she/you are coming to UTAH for Christmas break!! xoxo