Quote of the Day - Holiday Edition

When walking into Dillard's, Ethen was mesmerized by the pretty decorations and things.  While passing the Ladies' special occasion dresses, he said, "Oooh, pretty.  I'm gonna buy one for my other mom."

-----------------------------------------

While listening to the 12 Days of Christmas on the cd in the car Maya informed me that she knew what this song was about.

"Really?"  I responded, "and what is that?"

"It's about a dad.  And he was giving his looovely wife some gifts.  But these are all bad gifts...except the five golden rings...those are the best gift.  That's why they sing that part higher."

I'd have to say I agree, sweetheart.  This lovely wife doesn't want any geese a layin' anything this year --especially a goose egg.


-----------------------------------------

I love hearing the kids singing Christmas songs.   Each night I try to sing them a different one, and we are also listening to a cd when we drive in the car.  My favorite lyrics from Maya this year are:

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la la.
'Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la la.
Join me on my way to peril, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"


No comments