Happy Malaysia Day!

September 16 is Malaysia Day, the celebration of the formation of Malaysia in 1963 by uniting Malaya, North Borneo, Singapore, and Sarawak.

For the past couple of days I've been watching them set up mega fireworks in the park. I am sad that we are going to miss the big boom, but we're getting on a plane to go to Hong Kong that day.

I did find a picture from last year's celebration, so we can all imagine what we are missing.


UPDATE: Apparently they celebrate this holiday like new year's. At the stroke of midnight I bolted upright in bed thinking the building was coming down. The fireworks show had begun! I'm glad we didn't miss it! My pictures are less than desirable. By the time the last one popped it was so smoky we could no longer see the Petronas towers.

No comments