20/15

I had a little surgical procedure called LASIK yesterday. It was quite amazing. I had it done at Hoopes Vision Center in Utah.

A pretty sweet setup. I went in, they gave me some drops, a Valium, more drops, a hot fresh-baked chocolate chip cookie, cut my eye, put me in a full-body massage chair, folded back the lens, shot a few bolts of laser into each eye, a few more drops and then sent me home with a mug of candy and better vision. I slept most of the day, and then this morning for my check-up I was reading the 20/15 line with even more expected improvement this week.

Amazing.




8 comments

Shelly said...

Nice pictures. It sounds like you had a day at the spa!

Suzette Selden said...

Craziness! But so exciting. I've always wanted to do that. I just saw the McKinnon's link on the side of your blog - and clicked on it b/c Jan & Paul McKinnon used to be in our ward in Austin before they moved to NYC. It looks like it is their son's blog... such a small world. Martin told us he met up w/y'all for lunch while you were in Utah. How fun! Hope your move to Malaysia goes smoothly.

jessi said...

Happy for you. Glad that it seems to have been so successful for you. What a great new years present!

Sharla said...

ick.

Sharla said...

oops. i mean... congratulations!!! :) happy 20/15!!

Cath said...

From what I heard, you're sparing us the "ickiest" pics. Yes? I got the download from my dad and all I can say is, AMAZING. Isn't it amazing??? Yahoo for you!

Valina said...

Gross! But cool! I've wanted to get that done...hopefully someday. It would be so nice to not wear glasses! Sounds like a nice place to get it done!

The Busby Family said...

That is soooo gross!!! But I really really really want o do it also! I'm happy for you, hoping to do it soon.