Bebe Garcon Keddington



He's officially Suisse. Well, kind of. Last Saturday Ethen's birth announcement was published in Tribune de Geneve. Because he was born in Switzerland does not automatically make him a Swiss citizen. The immigration laws here are more strict than that. He will have to take a test, speak one of the languages, and do a myriad of other things. (The US would do well to take a look at their laws.)

However, we do have to go to the US Consulate here and get his US citizenship, his passport, and his visa.

3 comments

Rachel said...

I just love how there is so much french going on! I know you're in French-speaking Switzerland and all, but it just makes me happy! Le petit garçon est très beau! Je vous aime!

merathon said...

yeah, definitely take care of all that stuff at the US Consulate. i was born in canada and no one told my parents they had to do that and it pretty much screwed me over 21 years later when i tried to get my first US passport...

Sarah holman said...

That's pretty cool! Congrats!