4 things you were dying to know...

A) Four places I go to over and over:
1. Dave's work - every morning and evening
2. Co-op - a grocery store chain here that has hot dog buns.
3. Champion - a grocery store here that has hot dogs but no hot dog buns.
4. Gas station - still searching for one I can just pay at the pump so I don't have to get Maya out of the car. Come on Suisse, CREDIT CARD READER!

B) Four people who email me regularly:
1. The Houston Chronicle - do you know your link to unsubscribe is broken????
2. Fake Rolex Watches - I live in Switzerland, I don't need a knockoff.
3. Target - sigh*
4.

C) Four of my favorite places to eat:
1. Taco Bell - oh how I miss you!
2. Manora Restaurant - a buffet style place here where I can just point - no French required.
3. Los Tacos - okay, so I haven't actually eaten there, but it's Mexican right? I'll let you know my review when I actually make it to the other side of the lake to check it out.
4. Outback Steakhouse - truly my favorite place. Love the steak, love the potatoes, love the bread, love the salad (so unlike me to love salad, but have you TRIED their tangy tomato dressing????).

D) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. US - any Taco Bell will do
2. US - home
3. Mardi Gras - happy Fat Tuesday on Tuesday everyone!
4. The Houston Rodeo - missing Taylor Swift (NOT HICKS) this year. Darn.

E) Four TV shows I watch:
1. TV - oh how I wish I could understand thee (and not just BBC!!)
2. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - iTunes is our savior
3. 24 - I wish I could watch it, but I am just patiently waiting till I can buy it I guess. Even online it says, "only available to US viewers." What???? This is the internet!! It goes everywhere!!!
4. Dora, L'Exploratrice - Dave bought her a couple french DVDs.

3 comments

Nicc said...

Oh Shirlee, you make me laugh. Really, I laughed out loud while reading these and Taya thought something must be funny so she starting laughing too. :) Thanks for being so adventurous,so we get a little culture!

Izzy said...

I just had my first taste of Mardi Gras King Cake last month....it was like big fat cinnamon roll with colored sugar all over the frosting....mmmmMMM!

What is your obsession with Taco Bell? You ARE desperate for something familiar aren't you. ha ha And they just built a brand new "fancy" Taco Bell by the Target across from I-10....you really missed out.

Now..... if you start posting about missing Wal-Mart......then I know that you REALLY have lost your mind.

Let us know how the local taco place is when you go. That should be INTERESTING. "0)

Have fun Shirlee!

Izzy

Deb said...

That was fun to read! We think about you guys a lot and the unbelievable experience you guys are having!