Feeling better...

So it's been a yucky few months as I've tried to take one day at a time to endure the first weeks of pregnancy. I get "evening" sickness rather than morning, and by the end of the day I'm pretty pathetic. Dave has been good about taking Maya when he gets home from work, but his 11-hour days don't leave much time in the evening. I'm glad to say that it has finally passed. Poor Maya has been malnourished during this time, as I couldn't stand to smell any prepared food here. We've been through a lot of drive-thrus. The only thing I could really stand to eat was mustard. That must be the German in me coming out. I was down about 7 pounds, but I fear that those will quickly make their return.

To prove that I'm feeling better, I made a scrapbook page. The photos are from earlier this summer when Will, Deb (Dave's sister), and Lizzie Peterson came to visit us for a few days. They got to stay in Galveston before it was wiped from the map. Lizzie and Maya had fun playing together.

3 comments

Cheryl said...

Glad things are going well for you and that life is closer to "normal" after Ike's visit.
I remember when I was pregnant with #3, my two other children would get a bag of microwave popcorn and "Daddy will feed you when he gets home." No idea what Daddy ever fed them. I couldn't stand the thought of food.
Now that you feel better, I hope you will indulge and get those 7 pounds back in a most delicious way.

Deb said...

I am happy to hear you are starting to feel better. There's nothing worse than feeling sick and tired! Love the scrap page....brings back good memories!!

Dean Family said...

Shirlee,
I am so sorry you have felt "yucky" during your first trimester! I am glad to hear you are feeling better now and can hopefully enjoy your pregnancy. I am excited to find out what you having!