inevitable...

I admit it. The word blog puts a bad taste in my mouth. Originally I had no interest in what people were ranting and raving about. I still don't. But as weblogs have kind of transformed into a photo-sharing experience, now that's something I can get on board with.

I've been reading various blogs for awhile now. Seeing what people are up to, what new additions have been made to their families since I've seen them last, you know, the kind of stuff people blog about.

I am also seriously addicted to scrapbooking blogs.

I spend a lot of time scrapbooking and really don't want to duplicate anything on a blog. Who has time for that? But I realized that I can comfortably merge the two (my scrapbook and my blog) together. After I create a page and Dave "aahs" over my miniature masterpiece (as he terms them) then they are tucked away to be viewed again only occasionally.

So mostly, my blog will feature what I've already put in my scrapbooks and what I'm working on. Scraps of Shirlee if you will...

3 comments

Meagan said...

Hi Shirlee--

Long time. I'm glad you invited me to view your blog. I to am a resistant blogger--I have too much to do. I still don't have one but have been on the fence lately. I love your idea of sharing your scrapbook pages, however. I could really get into that! Thanks for sharing. I love your pages!!

Meagan Johnson

Ingrid said...

So happy to see scraps of Shirlee and fam! We'll be avid checkers of your blog! Congrats on #2!!!! Feel free to check our blog too...I update it almost daily...

Dean Family said...

Shirlee,

I have found I keep in touch with more people who blog than I do with regular email...so for me I love blogs for that reason. I also love to scrapbook, but I don't have the time right now to do it. However, I look at blogging as my current scrapbook. At any rate, I am so glad you blog! Also, Congrats on your pregnancy as well! Happy 2 yr. Birthday to Maya in October (is that correct)?!